Wednesday, November 5, 2008

marinating in my own juices

Have you ever looked back upon your writing, only wanting to immediately set fire to it and start anew? As I scan through through the various pages of streaming thought that I have compiled over the years, I have to fight the immediate urge to do just that. Self control, please take the upper hand. Each passing word wants to be erased, but fortunately, or unfortunately, ink has oozed and dried, and there is nothing to be done, except slather more onto the page in hopes of jotting down some brilliant something that will cancel out all of the unintelligible nonsense. One can not conveniently erase what has been said in the real-time flow of verbiage that makes up everyday life, so why should one rely on an ever ready supply of white out in recorded thought? I shall stay strong and not bow down to the mighty back-space key.

I am currently trying to break into the rap industry...but so far i have only hashed out a few lines of prose...

Mad biddies they be hatin'in the 413
Mad dome, fresh chrome, favors like a decree
straight demands from they majesty
pointin guns, spinnin puns
i just want my degree

Straight up hussie lovin'
aint no bun in dis oven
take a trip down the stairs
now them playas payin fares
different city, pass me fitty
tadpole killin don't come cheap




Needs a lot of work, but definitely has the possiblity to go double platinum. Refer to top paragraph and recognise back-space restraint.


Other important matters:

There was a lucky penny on the stairs leading up from the Park Street T-stop. After passing it on the stairs, I thought about turning back and picking it up. But, the nature of a lucky penny is that it must be spotted and picked up in the same moment. Turning back would be a waste of fortune, as it loses all magical qualities in afterthought. The penny was clearly meant for another traveler on the stairs that day who may need the luck more than I. That sounded very Christian and was not intended to be regarded in such a manner, as we all know that Jesus Christ and lucky pennies are different beasts entirely.

That, my friends, is what goes through my head in any given half an hour. So, the next time you see me, remind me that my ADD assesment at MHS is scheduled for Tuesday, April 24, at 11:10. It is in everyone's best interest.

No comments: